Friday, September 2, 2011

Nightly Bath

Okay, so I remember as a kid how we used to take a bath at night and how great it was to end the day that way.  For some reason, we started taking showers in the morning to get ready for the day.  In Japan, they all take nightly baths.  When we lived here before, I never really took a bath at night but since we've been back, Joanna and the kids have convinced me to take a bath at night.

In Japan, you fill the bath and the pecking order goes from oldest to youngest (Yay, age pays off) and you all use the same bath water.  So before you bathe, you wash yourself before you go in and then you sit in the water which is very hot.  I can't remember being so relaxed. I am so glad they convinced me to start taking a bath (ofuro) at night!




¥¥¥Januck¥¥¥

2 comments:

  1. Is that water freakishly blue or is the tub painted??

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like the old-school Kentucky way - without the prior washing :)

    ReplyDelete