Friday, September 2, 2011

My First Day of School!

    Yesterday was my official first day of school. We had to get dressed in our uniforms then walk to the bus stop in the pouring rain. Alex and I got to the bus stop about ten minutes early and had to stand in the rain. Finally our school bus came and I was able to find my friend on the bus. Thankfully I had summer school for four days and Alex had summer camp so we already knew our classmates. First period we had an earthquake drill and it was so hard to get under the small desk. My classmates and I were laughing when thinking about Alex having to get under the tiny desk. Next period we had to go to a school assembly where we had to sit on the gym floor, in a straight line, for forty minutes. I could not understand a word anyone said in the assembly and we did a lot of bowing. When the assembly was done my legs were so sore!

     Then, we had CLEANING! Yes, we had to clean our classroom for an hour. My job was to clean the tops of the lightbulbs and to clean the top windows. After, we had an assembly with all the English immersion classes. We were introduced to everyone and Alex and I had to say a speech. I was so nervous but of course Alex did an awesome job and made everyone laugh the whole time. We had regular classes after that but were told that we don't have school tomorrow because of the typhoon. One day of school and then a three day weekend, that sounded good to me!

     After school we had to take the public bus home and it was totally packed with kids that it seemed like we could not move at all. Then when we had to get off at our stop. We had to push through everyone to get out. Overall it was a great day and I know I am going to love my school and my class. Even though we got stared at the whole entire day I think we will fit in fine! I am really looking forward to this upcoming year.

-Rachel :)

No comments:

Post a Comment