Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Hello Roke!!!!!!!

Wow!  Roke is here and isn't very happy! There's nothing like seeing rain traveling horizontally.  Luckily our house is equipped sliding shutters that cover most of our windows.  There are a few that don't have covers and we just saw our neighbor putting tape across his windows
.
.
.
Flash forward a few hours because I was called away from the computer and then we had power problems where the power would go off and then back on.  The computer shut down and I thought it would be best to leave it off.  We then had to close the shutters in the family room because we could see the sliding doors bending inward with each gust of wind.

It has started to settle down and is not as windy but for awhile, we were getting concerned.  We saw a shed from our neighbor's yard that had blown up and over a fence and into a water channel.  All of the stuff in the shed was blowing around their yard.  We have a somewhat large metal shed next to the house and Joanna started to notice it moving.  At one point she said it was blowing over and hitting the decorative bars over the window.  I went out to check and it seemed fine but suddenly a long plastic piece from somewhere in the neighborhood went flying by my head and a gust of wind almost blew me over.  I sure got inside quickly.  I thought Joanna was just imagining it but after awhile, I could see the top of the shed hitting the bars and coming close to the window.  Luckily, it banged around awhile but never did any damage.

We'll see if there was much damage tomorrow when the sun comes up and I'll post our findings.

¥¥¥Januck¥¥¥

No comments:

Post a Comment