Thursday, August 11, 2011

Orientation at our new school

First, we had to take our shoes off and put them in shoe cubbies and then put on slippers.  We can bring indoor shoes to wear to our classrooms.  Then, we met with the Immersion Director and his assistant for a few hours going over school rules and cultural gaffs.
Here are some: Do not walk and eat.
                            Do not chew gum.
                            Don't tear up student's tests.    etc.
Then, we had a tour around the school.  My room is across from my foreign teacher's room, and next to my Japanese teacher's room.  I will teach English (Language Arts) and Theme (Science/Social Studies) to 2nd graders.
Joanna

1 comment:

  1. I love that tearing up your students' tests is a social gaff. Like, isn't that a social gaff everywhere? I would be disturbed if any of my kids' teachers were tearing up their tests!

    As for walking and eating, I'm not that talented anyway.

    ReplyDelete