Friday, August 5, 2011

Getting connected

Hi everyone it took awhile to get connected with our Computers, but now we are.
We applied for Alien Registration cards, why it is called that is beyond me. Get it?

So on Wednesday we made it to our house, which we love! Pictures to follow. We have frogs that have hatched in our yard and cicadas that sing in our trees.

Thursday, we opened a bank account and explored. Alex rode a bicycle around and bought many Japanese sodas from vending machines. They are everywhere. Rachel especially likes the 100¥ store.

On Friday we walked an hour to a Mac store to buy one and it was delivered today :)
Also, the school provided a new T.V. that has some trial English channels.

Today we are going to meet another new teacher from Georgia and help her get her phone set up
and go downtown. We are looking to geocache a little, too.

Joanna

3 comments:

  1. Hi Joanna and Januck, Just thought I would drop you a note to tell you I am enjoying your blog. I am really interested in hearing about your teaching assignments. Please take care and enjoy your time there.
    Jim Monestero

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jim. Joanna is teaching second grade and I am teaching a mix of things including art, science, and computers. I even get to teach (actually supervise) kendo which is the martial arts with sticks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Polikaitis family! Glad to hear your all enjoying Japan. My mom and I are enjoying your blog....good way to keep us updated! =] I try to look at it in my free time as much as possible. Oh and the rest of my family says "Hi" heheh. Alright have fun out there!
    Peyton Moore

    ReplyDelete