Thursday, October 20, 2011

My First Bicycle Crash!

I knew it was bound to happen sometime but it sure sucked when it happened. I was riding my bicycle to the local drug store and stopped to make sure there was no traffic so I could cross the street. There were a few cars so I waited and waited and finally I was able to cross. It was dark so I didn't see the broken cement below that was above the drainage ditch that left a three inch gap, perfect for a bicycle tire to fit into.  Right when I started to pedal, my bicycle suddenly stopped and I felt myself go up, then suddenly down to the side as I crashed to the ground. My tire was still stuck in the ditch but I was now down trying to figure out what to do.  Then I did the checklist:

1) Teeth - Check.  All there.
2) Bones - Check.  Nothing broken.
3) Blood - Almost but nothing showing.
4) Pain throughout my body - Check. Especially my knee where I landed.
5) Humiliation - Check. I must have looked like a complete fool.
6) Bicycle - Check. Dislodged it from the drain and rode it to the store. No flat tire.

The perils of riding at night (yes, I have a light but it only works when you are moving.)

¥¥¥Januck¥¥¥

No comments:

Post a Comment