Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!

Even though the Japanese don't go trick-or-treating, they do get into the spirit of it.  A lot of the stores have decorations and costumes and some of the classes at our school had halloween parties where the kids dressed up. Joanna bought a pumpkin from Foreign Buyers Club for about $35 which isn't bad considering we don't have our local pumpkin patch to run to and buy one. Alex took on the job of carving his first pumpkin by himself and did a great job! The one thing we were really missing was candy corn.  Every time we went to a store Alex would go to the candy area, especially if they had a halloween section, and would look for candy corn but had no luck.  Then we received a mysterious package in the mail and as I was opening it, I could smell what was inside.  CANDY CORN!!!!!!!  THANK YOU UNCLE JOHN, AUNT BEV, AND FAMILY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That made our halloween complete!

¥¥¥Januck¥¥¥

Alex's carving!

My aunt, uncle, and cousins are the best in the world!!!!!!!! They shipped candy corn from Chicago just for us. I am soooo grateful to have such an amazing family like them. Rachel and I have been so excited, that we already finished both bags... Still going on the lollipops though! haha Thank you so much Uncle John, Aunt Bev, and Jamison (and Jordan and Julian if this was your doing also). I'm sending you guys a letter and I hope it comes soon! Well Happy Halloween everyone! Love you guys! And yes Uncle John, I still remember my nickname, "Hook" !
-Alex :)

No comments:

Post a Comment