Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Not one but TWO...

Well, on Monday night it started to rain and about four o'clock in the morning I woke up to the wind howling outside.  I could also hear the rain pounding on the windows and the combination made it very hard to sleep. At about 4:30 Rachel came downstairs and said it was impossible to sleep because it was so noisy and decided to sleep on the couch.  So not much sleep for anybody and six o'clock came quickly. As we were getting ready to walk to school and the kids walk to the bus, Dad got the brilliant idea of taking a taxi.  We waited to leave later than usual and finally decided to call a taxi but...because the weather was so bad out, everybody else was calling a taxi, too. Joanna tried calling different taxi companies but the lines were busy and she finally got hold of one but they said it would be a 30 minute wait.  Well, we didn't have the time and the kids had to make a mad dash to catch the second bus.  When we left the house, Joanna took my nice big umbrella and I took the older rusty one.  The wind and rain were so bad that is was hard to walk but luckily I was wearing my water resistant jacket with a hood so it helped me to stay somewhat dry.  I suddenly heard a yell and saw Joanna trying to keep her hood on while the umbrella blew inside out and she was struggling to hold onto it.  She told me it was broken so I offered her my umbrella since I was wearing my jacket.  We didn't walk for more than one minute when I looked back and see Joanna standing there with the other umbrella inside out.  She finally came over and informed me that it was broken, too, and couldn't close it.  She handed it to me saying that she didn't know what to do with it so I was left standing in the rain with the SECOND broken umbrella!

Luckily, the kids barely caught the bus and we made it to school pretty much drenched.

Alex trying to walk in the wind and rain.
¥¥¥Januck¥¥¥

No comments:

Post a Comment