Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Swimming with my students

Well, part of the Japanese curriculum for P.E. is swimming.  My class went twice to a local indoor swimming pool to practice swimming by levels of ability.  I got the high group this year and had the students lead exercises and then shower off before we got in the pool.  The heat was blasting and almost made me feel sick to my stomach, but after getting in the pool I felt better.  I had 19 students in my group and concentrated on four major strokes.  All of the students have taken lessons and way better at swimming than myself.  We had a break after 40 minutes and then decided to do some relays with two teams.  They did really well.  The second time we went the students wanted to play tag and guess who they wanted to be IT.  Of course, ME!  I told them we could play Freeze Tag.  Thank goodness I have had many experiences playing with my own kids in a swimming pool in California.

No comments:

Post a Comment