Thursday, March 15, 2012

Graduation. Scary or Not Scary? That is the question...

I have just graduated from 9th grade and I am now about to start 10th grade next month. The school schedule is much different in Japan. We have summer break but after summer break, we have second term so we graduate earlier. So 9th graders over here are considered junior high students. We had a huge graduation ceremony. What is neat is that I got to have graduation in America and in Japan. VERY DIFFERENT! Japanese graduation was waaaaaaaay more formal than America's where in America, it's okay to yell,"WooHOO! I graduated!" In Japan, I'm pretty sure they would kick you out. -__- Anyways, there is a lot of standing up, bowing, and sitting down. <--- and do that about 30 times or so. SO, some people weren't so good standing up for a long time so we had about 4 people faint during the ceremony. One kid fainted while he was standing up so you know that word,"Tiiiiiiiiimbeeeerrrr"? Well, I'm pretty sure I could here that in my mind as he was going down and when he hit the ground, it sounded as if someone had shot a bullet into the air. It was LOUD! He ended up splitting his chin open and he was unconscious on the ground when the teachers came running over. Everyone was gathered around him or watching but the ceremony MUST go on so as people were saying,"Are you alright?","Is he okay?",etc. a voice came on the microphone and said "BOW" and everyone left the kid on the floor alone and bowed... then went back to the kid and carried him out. So I pretty sure the Japanese graduation ceremony was much more frightening than the American ceremony.
-Alex :) :0

No comments:

Post a Comment