Sunday, November 27, 2011

The Amazing Japanese Toilet (and Toilet Paper Holder)

Okay, so awhile ago I mentioned in a blog about how some of the things in Japan are just genius compared to back home and I mentioned the toilet.  Well, here is the Japanese toilet and toilet paper holder.

Notice the buttons on the side. Those are to control the bidet AND there is TEMPERATURE CONTROL! Yes, the seats are heated and when it is very cold out, especially in the morning, it is a very nice feature to have.  Of course, we don't need it during the summer so we turn it off but in the winter, it is a necessity!

Notice the two arrows on the flush, one going up and one going down.  The one going up is a small flush and the one going down is a BIG flush.  Now, I think you can figure out which type of situation would need a small flush and which one needs a big flush.  And when I say big...I mean big.  There ain't nothing that hangs around.  What a great idea though.  You can choose how much water you need to make a flush.  Genius!

Now the toilet paper holder.  Why we don't have these back home, I'll never know.

Behold the toilet paper.  I've lifted the cover up. Yes there's a cover.  It helps you rip the toilet paper off.  To remove the roll, you lift up and the wands on both sides have springs in them and they lift up allowing the roll to come off very easily.

These are the two spring loaded wands.

All you do is lift the roll from below, pushing the wands up, until they spring into the roll.  That's it! No struggling with the center tube and trying to fit it back into position.  Here, just lift up, toss away, and load from the bottom.  Genius!

¥¥¥Januck¥¥¥

5 comments:

  1. I would LOVE a heated toilet seat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The heated toilet seat is the best! Especially when it is 55 degrees in the house in the morning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so want one of these toilet paper dispensers. I was actually searching for something just like it when I found your blog. Can you provide more info?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was actually thinking of trying to market them but I found them on Amazon.com for about $13.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are the friggin best. It still boggles my mind that something that is clearly better in everyway still hasn't made it's way here.

    I've been championing those TP holders since I got back from Japan in 2001!

    ReplyDelete